Sunday, March 18, 2012

A NOTE ON POSTS AND RESPONSES

This is a moderated blog. That means before anything is published I have to review it and approve it. I’ve recently had to reject a number of responses to posts. I haven’t rejected them because I’m unwilling to accept diverse viewpoints. I have rejected them because they were rude and insulting without adding anything of value to the discussion.

As an example, if you want to discuss C1 versus C3, please do so. But comments like “If you are going to carry C3 you might as well stay home in the basement with the other scared little girls” or “Anyone who carries C1 is a mall ninja and a danger to everyone around them” won’t make it to the light of day, at least not here. I don’t mind getting down and dirty in a fight as many folks on various forums can testify, but this isn’t the place for that.

Let’s focus on issues and discuss facts. Comments like “The guy who wrote that post is a doofus FUDD who would shoot unarmed suspects if he thought nobody was watching” don’t contribute much. Feel free to offer posts that discuss why a particular belief seems wrong, or why you disagree with a comment and so on, but to borrow from an old Saturday Night Live sketch “Jane, you ignorant slut” just won’t fly here.

Thanks for your cooperation and your understanding.

7 comments:

  1. Well said. One can argue various opinions without being stupid about it. JohninMd(help)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can even put up with stupid. Heck, I teach college freshmen! Stupid at least gives the chance to point out errors in reasoning, or facts, or other. But the post that is nothing more than "you're a boob because you don't think like I do" is beyond hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the time, effort and thought you put into this blog. I have tired of reading the comments you mentioned and have searched for educated debate on firearms, training and laws. Glad I found this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, and everyone remember this site is only as good as we all make it. The more we all participate and share the more we can all learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's about time there was a place to discuss these issues without worrying about Right Wing Nuts or Left Wing Nuts telling everyone that does not agree with them that they are flaming idiots.

    Than you David.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to find this post, as i just want to share and discuss some serious issues about firearms, guns and ammo. And i am sure that there will a good debate on these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Sarena. I try to keep the debate good here, and we are glad to have you join us. Any specific issues or questions you have please feel free to bring them forward. It is a small group here, but I've been impressed by the quality of the participants.

    ReplyDelete